Certificates & Vital Statistics

On this page you will find information about ordering certificates and other information about vital statistics.  If you are looking for a marriage license or a new birth certificate we can help.

Marriage, Birth & Death Certificates

birth certificate

Vital Statistics services offered at Taber Registry include ordering birth, marriage or death certificates. One piece of ID is required (e.g. drivers licence, passport, birth certificate, permanent residence card or citizenship card) and must be presented in the office.

If there are no issues with your certificate, the government will mail them out using regular service with Canada Post, and you should receive it in 1 – 2 weeks.

You can also now order a birth certificate online.  Click the button below to access the site.


Marriage Licenses


In order to obtain a Marriage License both parties must come into Taber Registry with acceptable ID and apply for a licence.

You must be getting married in Alberta in the next 90 days. If either party has been previously divorced, the divorce certificate is also required.

This service takes about 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Save time by completing the Application for Marriage Licence form before you come in to the office.

Download marriage license application

Legal Name Change

A legal change of name can only be processed in Alberta for residents of Alberta. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, parents may apply on behalf of their children.

There are no legal requirements to change a name after marriage for a couple being married in Alberta. When a married spouse wishes to use his/her married last name, which is his/her spouse’s last name, they may assume just his/her last name or a combination of the two names is optional. This is not a legal change of name.

Contact Us